MikeSoja

Default Need locking loop for kayak

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 04:38:55 GMT, "Seakayaker"
posted:

"sposter" wrote in message

I purchased a couple of Perception Carolina 12's for my kids and need a

way
to lock it to my roof rack.
I would like to find what used to be a small cable loop that was passed
through holes drilled in the deck. It had a backing plate and the ends of
the cable loop were threaded for nuts under the deck.
Does anyone know where I can still purchase some of these?

Scott,

Check this site out http://www.tieyak.com/. They are frequently for sale via
eBay for less money. I use them on all of my boats.

I made my own very similar system with 3/8 security cables found at
Lowes. A 7' cable looped twice around the bow (just barely makes it)
locked to a 15' cable looped twice around the stern and then threaded
forward under the racks and locked to the first cable. Sometimes I
then thread other cables through those and lock other items in my
pickup to it. Even if someone rips the roofracks off my truck they're
still going to have trouble getting those cables off the boat.

Mike