Dave Van

Default Backband for Perc. Carolina 12

"sposter" wrote in message
news:rOR5b.354607$YN5.241243@sccrnsc01...
Thank you for the reply.
I actually needed backbands for two Carolina 12's.
I purchased similar backbands from BOC that were on clearance, (since most
new boats come with backbands and there isn't much of a market for them),
but I haven't received them yet.
I would like to see your pictures and notes.
I am most interested in how far forward you mounted the band and do you

feel
that is sufficient.
Thanks again, Scott.

Scott.

I had taken a bunch of photos of this installation for someone else that had
the same desire to install a backband in a Carolina 12. I posted them to my
web site but recently deleted them! Tomorrow I am busy all day in meetings
(a very rare event) but will take some new pictures and post them on
Saturday. Hope you're not in too much of a hurry. Incidentally, my
daughter (now 11) paddled her Umiak (Carolina 12) for about a year and a
half before I put the back band in this past Spring. My son, who is turning
7, does not have a backband in his Carolina 12 yet and I doubt it would do
him much good yet. He doesn't yet have enough mass to influence the boat
much!

Can you also explain the practice of putting "nospam" in your e-mail
address.

That is so that my email address cannot be automatically culled from the
newsgroup for the purpose of adding my email to Spam mail lists. For those
human beings that want to contact me, they need to simply remove the nospam
part. It's a somewhat common practice but I can't cite any statistical
proof that it works.

I'll pop a note up to the group when I upload the pics to the web site.
Should be Saturday but could be Sunday.

Cheers!

DV

"Dave Van" wrote in message
ink.net...

"sposter" wrote in message
I purchased a Perception Carolina 12 for my kids.
Excellent kayak for kids, but no backband is available.
Has anyone installed one in this boat?
It is really small in both width and height of cockpit.
A solid foam backrest would work also, but there is no structure to

build
upon.

--
Scott Poster

I installed the Rapid Pulse "Standard" White Water Back Band available

on
line for $30.

http://www.apexdigital.net/rapid-pul...?category_id=2

The instructions for installation that come with it are pretty good.

The
back band is just narrow enough and just the right height. My daughter

(11)
finds it quite comfortable and beneficial. We also put a thin layer of

foam
on the seat that helps snug up the fit a bit. I also put 3/8" thick

foam
under the deck where her knees make contact. There are a couple pointers

could give you by way of photos of my installation if you like. just

let
me
know via email.

DV