Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Shake and Break, part 8 - April 30

On Fri, 08 May 2015 07:30:12 +0700, wrote:

Strange, you know. I've been aboard a number of vessels ranging from
super tankers to ocean going fishing boats and they all, I say "all",
have anchor winches.

===

Yes, the navy and merchant marine have been using chain rodes and
anchor winches/windlasses for hundreds of years, and with a great deal
of success. Small, weight sensitive boats, not so much. It's amusing
that folks with boats under 30 feet who rarely cruise anywhere feel
qualified to offer a "one size fits all" solution.