[email protected] 3452471@gmail.com is offline

Default Summer home for sale...

On Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 2:42:21 PM UTC-4, Tim wrote:
Don, I think it's a neat house and of course a lot of work has gone into it. Not wanting to be a not-picker, but I always want to grin when people would say an ancient house is "restored" to its "origional grandure " while stuffing it full of modern conveniences and luxury items.

When it was built, electricity, plumbing, and central air wasn't heard of, LOL

Yeah, I notice that it has a "jet tub". The closest thing they had back then was farting in the bathtub!

Frankly, I'm surprised that it was allowed to fall into disrepair and into private hands, given the historic relevance it has. It seems it would have deserved to be kept in it's original state and preserved as a national landmark. Maybe it's not as significant as the write-up made it sound?