Edward Walsh

Default Trip Report - A gaggle...a herd...a flock...

I did enjoy the alliterative approach although there is sometimes a notable
lack of wisdom in groups!

Ed
"TreeMoose" wrote in message
news
On 28 Aug 2003 13:41:13 -0700, Mike McCrea wrote:

...what is the proper term for a large group of paddlers? Something
alliterative - a pod or pack of paddlers? Or something more boating
related - a drift or a brace of paddlers? Maybe a clutter, or an
infestation? No, wait; I think "infestation" has already been adopted
by Jet-skiers.

We had the same discussion a few years ago. It was settled by a
fisherperson on a pier as a group paddled out into Lake Huron into some
bumpy stuff. The response? "There goes a 'whole bunch of dumb'

kayakers.
So - around here, it's 'a bunch of dumb' for the collective.