Carl McCarty

Default Wood Canoe Recommendations?

Why don't you look at Ebay. There seems to always be a few boats someone
has built for themselves and then decided to sell. You could also build
one yourself if you have the time. It's not difficult.

Scott wrote:

I'm starting research for a wooden canoe as a surprise for my
(Canadian-born) wife. I'm thinking 17 feet, wood. I don't mind the
maintenance and will store indoors. Intended use is placid lakes in
Oregon, a little fishing. Just the two of us on day trips.
Anticipated budget: $2000-$2500 (?) Any recommendations on
manufacturers, type of bottom (rocker?), what to watch out for, other
key specifications to keep in mind, etc., would very much be
appreciated. Thank you.