Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Shake and Break, part 3

L8R

Skip, wishing for more wind and sun, as we keep up with it if we have clear
skies and 15 knots...

And, today, we have it; we're recovering from our overnight deficit,
slightly reduced by the wind starting about midnight, and catching up on the
previous deficit.

It's actually a bit too much, as the KISS overheats and shuts down
(freewheels), so I have cocked it so as to not get the full blast of the
sustained 20 we're seeing.

I believe I got to that point in the rebuild I did before we started this
current time in the water; the heat bimetal switches were a bit dodgy after
my cleaning of the stator; I =MAY= have put them too close, as we previously
didn’t usually get this shutdown behavior until sustained 30. OTOH, I also
installed all new magnets; it could be that it's so much more efficient that
it heats up more...

Another item on the to-do list, but not a gamestopper; pull apart the KISS
and make sure the switches have maximum clearance from the stator...

L8R

Skip, enjoying the rock and roll outside Green Turtle Cay's Settlement Point

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

When a man comes to like a sea life, he is not
fit to live on land.
- Dr. Samuel Johnson