Eric Johnson

Default Reviews of Epic kayaks?

For big ocean stuff I would look at one of the Seaward boats. They are
designed for open water and some of their models are quite fast. They are
also making the Nigel Forester boats. Other good options are P&H and Valley
for Brit boats or Necky for a more West Coast style boat.
I must admit that being an east coaster I am a bit partial to the brit boats
and the more "Greenland" style boats.
I do have one friend who paddles an Epic and likes it a lot on calm days
when we cover a lot of distance, but is less at home when the wind kicks up
big swells and chop. He does manage surf landings. The Maine coast is not
congenial to treating a boat gingerly and the Epic holds up pretty well.
He's had it for two years now.

Cheers,
Eric J.