Jon Hartz

Default Which Weather Radio?

This is from my website:
I have a Standard Horizon marine 2-way radio, model HX260S. It is
submersible and has two battery packs: one rechargeable and the other takes
ordinary AA's. I carry it in one of the four pockets on my PFD. Not only can
I listen to all the emergency and fishing traffic, I can call up the police,
Coast Guard, lifeguards or any other boat, and make telephone calls using
the marine operator. This gives me great peace of mind, and some
entertainment. It weighs about a pound and a half. I paid less than $200 for
this great piece of equipment.
Jon Hartz
Kayaking San Diego
http://www.sdaccess.com/~jonhartz/

"Daniel-San" wrote in message
.com...
I've looked at a few different ones, including a Brundig and an Oregon
Scientific model, but neither seemed all that great. The local REI only
carries these, and the local Galyan's carries none.

The ideal candidate will be small, lightweight (I do a lot of backpacking,
as well), at least water-resistant, have SAME capability, an alarm clock,
and while not as important as the other qualifications, not cost two arms
and one leg.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks for the ideas.