Michael Daly

Default Whi****er in a recreational kayak????

On 7-Aug-2003, Steve Cramer wrote:

Weren't you the one selling a glass Shadow back last spring? Seemed like
you thought pretty highly of that boat back then?

I never said anything about it that would indicate that I liked it. My SO is
selling it. Why would she sell a good boat?

Perception makes boats that range from the Sparky to real WW boats to
$3K Kevlar sea kayaks. Some of them are very popular. I think you're
generalizing too much.

Their "top of the line" sea kayaks handle very poorly in rough conditions.
The Shadow and Eclipse both need a rudder. They wander like crazy in
rough seas. No kayak should rely on a rudder. If it can't track reasonably
without a rudder, it's a liability.

Popularity is rarely an indicator of quality. Look at MS Windows. Perception
is all over the place, but they are second-rate kayaks compared to the competition.

Mike