zak

Default car top hull issues

So...I have my new Looksha IV. I have a new Thule rack system with the
hull raiser attachments. However, I'm having some hull issues. I
thought by getting the hull raiser and having the kayaks wieght on
it's side (strongest point) I would solve my "oilcanning" issues with
the bottom of the hull. However, when I strap it down, the bars on the
hull raiser pull into the bottom of the hull, denting it in
considerably. This bothers me A LOT. Maybe I'm strapping it down too
tight - but I really believe I cannot safely strap it down any looser.
Is my hull too soft? Will it eventually damage the hull and it's
performance (the reason I bought the Looksha)? I'm afraid to leave the
boat strapped to the car, for fear of recking my $1200 dollar
investment.
Does anyone else have these issues racking their Poly Kayaks? It's
driving me NUTS.