David J. Van den Branden

Default Reviews of Epic kayaks?

From: "David J. Van den Branden"
Newsgroups: rec.boats.paddle.touring
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 22:16:17 -0500
Subject: Reviews of Epic kayaks?

I've never paddled an Epic but...

In addition to a couple brief reviews on Paddling.net:

http://www.paddling.net/Reviews/show...html?prod=1032

There are a couple of interesting threads in the message archive there as
well. The first is a discussion about a new John Winters kayak design where
the new design is compared to the QCC Winters designs as well as Epic
kayaks. Somewhere in all this:

http://www.paddling.net/message/show...vice&tid=96384

The second is a short thread discussing some issues with Epic Kayaks.

Oops. Forgot the third URL:

http://www.paddling.net/message/show...vice&tid=92591

From: "TallGuyCA"
Newsgroups: rec.boats.paddle.touring
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 19:36:32 GMT

Last summer I purchased an epic wing paddle http://www.epickayaks.com/.
This spring I pick up a forward stroke DVD and I am all existed about how
fast and how far I can go in my slow kayak without getting as tired.

The dealer that sold me the epic paddles does not carry the epic kayaks. He
named a few reasons that prompted this posting. ARE THERE ANY EPIC KAYAK
OWNERS OUT THERE? Will you kindly address durability, ocean rating and
please comment on the ease of getting in and out of one for a kayaker who is
6'5", 240lbs and shoe size of 13?