Wade Norton

Default FS: Carbon Fiber Paddle

You're quoting the wrong person g. I made no reference to Barton at all.
Don't put me in the middle of this grin.

Wade

"David J. Van den Branden" wrote in message

"Wade Norton" wrote in message

And to most of the paddlers out here, for a touring paddle, 210 is

somewhat
short. Making it not only custom, but somewhat odd. Therefore

lowering
the
value as it narrows the market considerably.

Well, if you want to argue, 210 centimeters is not so awfully short
anymore. In the current Sea Kayaker, Greg Barton says "A paddle length
of 200 to 215 cm is best for ...paddlers...5'5" or less. Tall paddlers
should use a length of 210 to 225 cm...Paddles longer than 230 cm

should
never be used."

Whoa, Wade, wait a second! The above is taken completely out of context!
In that article, Mr. Barton is describing where to start with length when
trying to develop the use of a wing paddle at a nearly vertical angle of
entry that is typically mastered by racers like him. Barton also

typically
paddles boats that have extremely low freeboard. The article gives no
indication what Greg Barton's position on overall paddle length would be
given a normal or low angle style of paddling with a dihedral or flat

blade.

DV