Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Helping Greg Move to the 20th Century...

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 04:32:18 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

In most cases that I have experienced over the years an operating system
becomes obsolete over time due to new applications or software that is
released that the older operating systems (and computer hardware) either
have difficulty running or cannot run at all.

===

I've found that if you want to take advantage of newer, more powerful
hardware (CPU chips, large memory arrays, USB devices, hard drives,
etc.), that you need one of the newer operating systems. Software
writers are understandably reluctant to retrofit hardware support for
newer devices into an obsolete OS.