TWall10618

Default Advice needed for old guy who wants to paddle

Tim,
When I was a little younger, I was alot heavier. I have always loved boats and
to accomidate boating at that time I bought a canoe. The weight limits on
canoes are very high. (I weighed 315 lbs.). To make it easier for me to go out
alone, I fastened oars to the hull and rowed while sitting on a boat cushion in
the bottom of the boat. It was VERY stable and I could travel even faster than
I can now with my kayak. As an additional benifit, my back and shoulders got
quite strong. The only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't see where I was
going.

As for getting the boat to and from the water, just strap the boat to a
child's wagon and haul it to the water's edge.

Good Luck,
Tom,
Tucson