Default Advice needed for old guy who wants to paddle

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:58:22 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

Hi,
I'm 64 years old, and started a serious (i.e. lifetime, however much
that will be :-) fitness program two months ago. I am riding my bike 6

I'd like to get a paddle boat that I can store in the garage, and
portage out to the lagoon. Problem is, I'm still rather overweight,
and much too ample around the midsection, so I doubt I'd fit in a
standard sea kayak (something I would like to work up towards).

Anyone have any suggestions about a boat light enough to carry the 150
yards, but ample and stable enough for someone like me?

Look into a Kevlar canoe. They're very light and easily portaged.

Ken B.
Apply ROT13 to unmunge my identity