Michael Daly

Default New Boat - 2 Choices... Opinions?

On 18-Jul-2004, "Courtney" wrote:

Did you know that the Tempest also comes in a bigger size, the 170?

According to their web site, they both have the same size cockpit.
However, it's 34x18, which is somewhat bigger than most (CD Solstice
XL = 31x16 and that's one of the biggest kayaks made!).

I suspect that the highly adjustable seat wasn't adjusted to his size.
Another poster a while ago made the same complaint and I told him to go
back and have the dealer set up the seat for him.

The OP is about the same height/weight as me and I know bigger paddlers
who have the Tempest. I suspect the problem isn't the kayak but the
setup.

Mike