Professional Target

Default New Boat - 2 Choices... Opinions?

I've narrowed down my choices in my search for a decent touring kayak to the
following:

Prijon Barracuda
Current Designs Squall

I'm leaning more heavily to the Prijon, but overall, both seem very good in
the fit department. My next step is getting these out on the water for a
test drive.

Originally, I'd been in the market for a Tempest 165, but this boat was so
small in the cockpit, I could barely fit into it (I'm 5'11" 175lbs). The
Barracuda and Squall both fit like gloves.

Now, I must ask for opinions from those folks who have a Barracuda or have
tried one out. What is your take on the boat? The reviews at paddling.net
are sparse. How does it handle under various conditions? The roughest
water mine is likely to see is the Great Lakes, but will be spending most
of its time on smaller lakes (Chain of Lakes area in Northern Il.) and
larger rivers (fla****er).

I've heard the Barracuda isn't too easy to turn, but this doesn't bother
me since most of the time, I'll be going in a more-or-less straight line
anyway. When in doubt, there's always the rudder.

Any suggestions/opinions appreciated.

Thanks

--
"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither."
- B. Franklin