Jack Mulligan

Default Current Designs Squall/Storm

I have paddled the Storm and I own a Squall. The Storm felt like a big
boat designed for big trips on big water. The Squall is lighter and
more nimble, still carries a lot of gear, and seems to relish rough
conditions. We also own a Current Designs Sirocco, which I'm learning
to appreciate the more my skills develop. My wife love the Squall and
rarely wants to trade boats. Does this help?
JM

In article ,
Professional Target wrote:

I'm curious what people think of the Squall or Storm from Current Designs.
I'm looking for a new sea kayak which will be used mainly in the Great Lakes
area as well as on other large local lakes and rivers (Wisconsin, Illinois
mainly). It may occasionally make a trip to the ocean, financese permitting.

I'm 5'11" 175 pounds, so I'm leaning a bit more towards the Squall, but it
all depends on fit.