Abit Loco Abit Loco is offline

Default half hour ago

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 15:04:46 -0600, Califbill wrote:

"Mr. Luddite" wrote:
On 2/15/2015 8:47 PM, RGrew176 wrote:
Mr. Luddite;1027556 Wrote:
Took this picture a half hour ago. The snow is nearly as high as the
paddock fence. The top rail of the fence is about 50-52 inches high.

As the images shows, it's *still* snowing hard.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/y...h/DSC_0523.jpg

There is no doubt that you are having a winter to remember forever. That
is a lot of snow. We set a new record here last winter with just over
94" for the season. You guys are getting our whole seasons worth in a
month.

Yeah, as of January 23rd Boston had 5.5 inches of snow. Looked like it
would be an easy winter. Since then we've had over 89 additional inches
in a little over 3 weeks. Surprisingly the roads aren't bad
except for the gigantic piles of snow at intersections that blocks
your view of traffic. I keep bitching about my driveway because it's
long and I've run out of places to put the snow. You can't plow with
4 or 5 foot snow banks on each side. I've gone to plowing *into* the
banks every 30 or 40 feet and pushing it as far as I can, making a space
to put more snow with the tractor's front end loader. Snow blower is useless in this.

Right now at 6:00 am it is minus 5 degrees outside and the wind is still
gusting. Wind chill is minus 22 F. 6-8 more inches of snow predicted for
tomorrow (Tuesday) and then the potential for a more serious storm next
weekend. Won't quit.

Are the planes going to be flying tomorrow? Son in law has to go back
there for 2.5 weeks.

If you're talking about the northeast, he'd best call first.
--

Guns don't cause problems. The behavior
of certain gun owners causes problems.