Califbill Califbill is offline

Default half hour ago

"Mr. Luddite" wrote:
On 2/15/2015 8:47 PM, RGrew176 wrote:
Mr. Luddite;1027556 Wrote:
Took this picture a half hour ago. The snow is nearly as high as the
paddock fence. The top rail of the fence is about 50-52 inches high.

As the images shows, it's *still* snowing hard.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/y...h/DSC_0523.jpg

There is no doubt that you are having a winter to remember forever. That
is a lot of snow. We set a new record here last winter with just over
94" for the season. You guys are getting our whole seasons worth in a
month.

Yeah, as of January 23rd Boston had 5.5 inches of snow. Looked like it
would be an easy winter. Since then we've had over 89 additional inches
in a little over 3 weeks. Surprisingly the roads aren't bad
except for the gigantic piles of snow at intersections that blocks
your view of traffic. I keep bitching about my driveway because it's
long and I've run out of places to put the snow. You can't plow with
4 or 5 foot snow banks on each side. I've gone to plowing *into* the
banks every 30 or 40 feet and pushing it as far as I can, making a space
to put more snow with the tractor's front end loader. Snow blower is useless in this.

Right now at 6:00 am it is minus 5 degrees outside and the wind is still
gusting. Wind chill is minus 22 F. 6-8 more inches of snow predicted for
tomorrow (Tuesday) and then the potential for a more serious storm next
weekend. Won't quit.

Are the planes going to be flying tomorrow? Son in law has to go back
there for 2.5 weeks.