Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Navy Carrier Pilots - Overpaid?

On Sun, 15 Feb 2015 18:48:01 -0500, KC wrote:

Might have told this one before but a friend of mine was a pilot in
Vietnam and after spent a long career flying freight for American
Airlines. A few years after retirement, in the early 90's I was at his
house and he had a huge computer screen with a full yoke and pedals and
was flying a Flight Simulator, I think it was the Microsoft package. I
had never seen one before with the full hand and foot controls, it was
pretty cool... After watching him fly for some time during our
conversation that day I asked him "what happens when you crash the
thing?". Wondering what the software package did and his answer caught
me off guard. He said, "I don't know, I would never crash it".... To me
that was weird, but I accepted it and still do.

===

I remember the orignal Microsoft Flight Simulator that ran on the
early IBM PCs using keyboard controls to fly the plane. If you
crashed, and just about everyone did, it would make a very abrupt
crunching sound and the windshield image would shatter. It was a bit
unnerving the first time it happened to you.