noah

Default Trolling motor questions

On 25 Sep 2003 20:55:51 GMT, obull (CCred68046)
wrote:

I need a recomendation for a bow mount trolling motor for an 18' aluminum bass
boat. Boat has a 90 hp outboard motor. Would like to use one battery, one of
the deepcycle/starting type (12v) for both motor and trolling motor. I cant
help but notice almost everywhere I look has refurbished Minn Kotas for sale.
Whats up with that? Are they junk? Why would so many be refurbs? ... Anyway,
how long could I expect to run with a 50lb thrust motor before I would be in
danger of not being able to start the outboard with a 700 amp battery?

I've owned four Minn-Kota's, and never had a problem with any of them.
If you can afford it, I strongly recommend a seperate deep-cycle
battery for the trolling motor. I've run the troller off the starting
battery before, but the first time you over-do it, and the engine
won't start, you'll regret it.
Good luck,
....carry on.
noah

To email me, please remove the "FISH" from the net.