True North[_2_] True North[_2_] is offline

Default Beautiful day!

On Wednesday, 4 February 2015 22:47:06 UTC-4, wrote:
On Wed, 4 Feb 2015 18:05:14 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 5:56:05 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Wed, 4 Feb 2015 15:02:40 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 2:59:28 PM UTC-8, John H. wrote:
On Wed, 4 Feb 2015 08:51:19 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

Beautiful day! I'm tempted to dig out the big boat and start working on it. But as soon as I do the weather is going to turn and will be raining ice tomorrow. Still getting the hopes up though...

Georgeous day! Temp hit the 60's while playing golf at the Medal of Honor course in
Quantico Marine Base.

Great time!
--

Guns don't cause problems. The behavior
of certain gun owners causes problems.

Glad you had a great day John!

I had a good day too. The boat seat guys called me.

They are going to pay me to take my seat to a local welder to fix
their screw up.
I guess when American Express pulled their cash and the folks from
Miami Dade consumer affairs called them they decided to talk to me.

Really? I never saw that you posted about the defective seat. I knew you were having one ordered but never knew the outcome.

Yup the only special request I had was a vertical pipe in the back to
put my umbrella in and they screwed it up.
I have a half dozen Emails about this seat and I said "vertical" in
every one. They had in the invoice I signed off on. I ended up with a
rod holder at the standard tilt.

After a couple of weeks of them answering Emails within hours, they
stopped responding ... as soon as I complained about the seat being
bad.
They even ignored Amex until they clawed back the money. Then
suddenly these guys are trying to make me happy. Funny how that works.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/World%20welding/bad%20pipe.jpg

That reminds me of when I had a character build me a galvanized boat trailer back in 2006. The idiot put the spring hangers in the wrong place and he attached springs only rated for 2000 lbs. I had clearly noted in my e-mails that the trailer should be capable of carrying 2000 pounds. he didn't allow for the 600 sprung weight of the trailer. The springs flattened out on my first big road trip and I had to have repairs done at two spring shops in New Brunswick on my way to Ontario. He refused to reimburse me my money so I reported him to a couple different agencies.