martins

Default folboat-type fabric?

Try this link
http://yostwerks.com/SkinMenu.html

Best wishes
Roy

"Tom McCloud" wrote in message
Ok, so I'll start this off honestly by saying that I don't know
enough about folboats to even ask this question correctly. What I
want to do is fabricate a skin for a very non-standard hull shape from
a waterproof fabric such as folboat uses. So what is that type of
material called and where do you order it? And then how do you go
about forming it to the hull shape? I assume stretching to shape is
not the answer. Is it a matter of cutting, stitching, and
seam-sealing? I don't have a copy of Ralph Diaz' book....is there
anything in there on making your own fabric hull? Replies from
folks with first hand experience in this sort of fabrication will be
much appreciated. Tom McCloud