Dave Van

Default Fiberglass vs plastic

"William R. Watt" wrote in message
Dave Van ) writes:
in article , William R. Watt at
wrote on 6/7/04 9:00 PM:

Thats' what "amateur" means, "unpaid".

But the literal meaning is "to love" or "for love".

which proves Nystrom is a boatbulding whore for paying himself

Or supports his notion that it's a labor of love.

I'm self employed. I don't know if Brian is or not. Being self employed
and having more clients and work than I "really" have time for, every minute
I spend doing something else is time I could spend earning my living. For
many nine to fivers, this is not the case but for me, and I suppose many
others, the cost of time spent is definately a factor to consider if I
choose to make a project out of building a kayak.

Brian's point about tools should be taken to heart. In woodworking, set up
is 90% of the work. If you are skimping on tools, you are likely
compromising the quality of the outcome or you are making up for it with
additional labor, increasing the time spent and adding to the "cost".

DV