Bill Tuthill

Default Lost Boat/Adventure Don't Come Cheap

Charles Pezeshki wrote:

It happened on Lolo Creek, a scene of others' epic stories, but mostly until
now a source of fun and entertainment for myself. Lolo Creek is a Class
IV-V run with 6 miles of 160 fpm in the middle. Wiping out in the middle of
the steep stuff is what I did, and since the steep stuff on Lolo Creek is
all pointed downhill (there aren't any pools to speak of) my boat has now
taken off for the Clearwater.

Were you leading? (This is why I try to follow ;-)

The boat is a red Riot Big Gun. After numerous problems with this boat, I
can't really recommend it for people like me.

Creek boats with highest capacity listed on http://www.kayaknews.ca a

Pyranha H3/Micro/H2
Wavesport Y
Noah Ascento G
Prijon Embudo/Kompressor/Kaituna

In addition, these boats are unrated but have high volume:

Robson Charger
Necky Blunt
Liquid Logic Gus

You might try that website, selectin Creek boats and sorting by volume.

The BlissStick Huka is unrated for weight but has relatively high volume,
and is the only one of the above boats, besides the Gus, that I have
actually seen people paddling. My friend with a LL Gus likes it a lot,
even when loaded with overnight gear. One friend likes his Huka, but
he is small and light. Another friend doesn't like his Huka.