Charles Pezeshki

Default Lost Boat/Adventure Don't Come Cheap

Hi Wilko,

I heard that Eskimo may bring out a bigger Salto. True?

You're probably right at the top of the Salto's weight range, I'd think.

The problem that I have at 250 lbs. Is that these boats behave VERY badly
for me. I get few of the benefits (only if the boat is on a plane) and a
new set of very bad traits. Lighter people wouldn't have the foggiest what
I'm talking about-- but think about it this way. When the boat is moving
fast, it planes. When it stalls, it sinks, and the gunwhales are now about
1" above the waterline. Very different than if you weighed 2/3 of my
weight.

Best,

Chuck

in article , Wilko at
wrote on 6/6/04 8:38 PM:

You're in the wrong size group, I'm afraid. With my 220 lbs, I already
manage to be overweight for a lot (most) of designs. :-(

Good luck finding the right boat!

Wilko