Keyser Söze Keyser Söze is offline

Default Barrel Threading...continued...

On 1/7/15 5:23 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 07 Jan 2015 16:59:45 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

Volquartsen will thread and crown the barrel on my Ruger Mark III for
$65 and move the front sight cut back on the barrel for an additional
$30. That's the best price I've found and with a reputable company.
Turnaround time is 10 to 14 days...

I bought the silencer to attach to my AR 15/22, which already has a
threaded barrel, but it would be nice to use it on a pistol, too.

Sounds like a deal to me.
The problem is the sight is useless with the can on.
If that is a problem, you might want some kind optic mounted high

Indeed. The sight is for when the silencer is not mounted. The back
sight is adjustable. Also, Ruger supplies a rail for the pistol, and I
have a little Burris Fastfire III red dot sight that sits on it. There's
plenty of elevation adjustment in it, and it will accommodate the silencer.

I'm sending the upper (the barrel) to Volquartsen separately from the
lower frame, which they also will be "modding" for me. By not sending
the pistol in to them as a complete firearm, I can use regular postage
and save a bundle each way, I was told, about $72.