William R. Watt

Default Fiberglass vs plastic

wait just a darned minute, are you saying the data you presented is not
test data but is calculated from dimensions using Winter's KAPER model?
that's not data. sorry, it doesn't count as data. it doesn't support your
case. I've used Winters' KAEPER model on one of my own boats for fun btu
it's nto measured data, just calculated numbers. I also calculate numbers
with two hull design programs but they are not the same as measurements
from actual in the water tests.

Michael Daly" ) writes:

That's my website and the data was taken from Sea Kayaker magazine
(Kaper results) or from:

http://www.unold.dk/paddling/articles/kayakvelocity.html

which appears to be from SK's Broze/Taylor results. Kaper is John
Winter's old resistance program and has a factor for plastic kayaks
among other things. It's now a public domain algorithm and John
told me he no longer uses it, since a commercial product (can't
remember the name) is more useful for him.

BTW, the following figure shows what I explained in a previous post
but which you claimed was not correct.

http://www.greenval.com/fig3_1.gif

I've seen it. I'm familiar with it. It does not.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm