Michael Daly

Default Fiberglass vs plastic

On 31-May-2004, (William R. Watt) wrote:

also see if I can copy the greatlakeskayaker data.

That's my website and the data was taken from Sea Kayaker magazine
(Kaper results) or from:

http://www.unold.dk/paddling/articles/kayakvelocity.html

which appears to be from SK's Broze/Taylor results. Kaper is John
Winter's old resistance program and has a factor for plastic kayaks
among other things. It's now a public domain algorithm and John
told me he no longer uses it, since a commercial product (can't
remember the name) is more useful for him.

BTW, the following figure shows what I explained in a previous post
but which you claimed was not correct.

http://www.greenval.com/fig3_1.gif

Mike