William R. Watt

Default Fiberglass vs plastic

Winters' current website is www.greenval.com. The graph of resistance vs
speed is gone. He now has resistance vs speed-to-length ratio which is a
way to include length in the graph. From a quick look today it's still not
clear whether the data is for canoes or kayaks. I'll try to get back to
the library and copy some data points, also see if I can copy the
greatlakeskayaker data. It may be a while before I get around to redoing
the calculations with this data. In the meantime the best we have is a 7%
increase in effort due to hull scratches.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm