William R. Watt

Default Fiberglass vs plastic

Alex McGruer ) writes:

There remains the ugly fact , you are going to have to bring that boat
ashore and sometimes a host of issues will make you follow the wave
ashore and land on a beach. Most rocks will be rounded but it is
still a bump.

Got me there. All my paddling is on lakes and rivers with no swells
or surf, and in open boats which are easier to get in and out of.
I can see where Kayaks would present special problems.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm