Let it snowe Let it snowe is offline

Default First Power Outage...

On 12/16/2014 9:27 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 12/16/14 7:29 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 16:43:55 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

We have underground utils on our street, but the larger streets coming
from the power company substations have power poles and wires and
usually in a storm a tree or a tree limb will knock down wires. The
power company doesn't do enough to trim down trees and branches close to
its wires. $$$.

That is penny wise and pound foolish.
FPL is very aggressive with tree trimming and we seldom ever have
power outages.
I do understand the tree huggers up there do not understand the
meaning of the right of way and they think they own the trees all the
way to the curb. I was up there a few years ago after one of your
storms and I saw trees on power lines all the way from the Blue Ridge
to southern Md.

I've had a couple of conversations with the local util company about
that, and I've been told several times it is the cost of the extensive
trimming that is needed on an on-going basis. This isn't your part of
Florida with your funky and mostly relatively little trees.

Ahha. So they blew you off.

--
Patriotic Americans dump on Krause.