Dave Van

Default Kayak Universa Roof Foam Kit

"Michael Daly" wrote in message
On 27-May-2004, Dave Van wrote:

I have only used foam blocks. The main reason that I don't want to have

kayak support system installed to my rack is that I use the rack for

many
other things, mostly construction material, plywood sheet, plastic sheet
etc.

OTOH, kayak saddles aren't _that_ hard to remove or install.

No. Not hard to do. But time consuming enough for most people not to worry
about them getting stolen off their racks, which says something about the
effort it takes.. For me, personally, it would be too much, too often. I
make material runs very frequently and kayak just as often in the summer
months so it could turn into a nearly daily exercise if I were to be moving
saddles onto and off of my racks.

My main point, (albeit a bit clouded) was that with a little careful initial
set up, foam blocks work great. And you really can't beat the price.

Cheers!

DV