Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default First Power Outage...

On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 08:06:48 -0500, Toad Gigger
wrote:

That will be my next generator, even though I live in a house. I may
go for the 'sister' also. Then I could put the trailer in the drive
and have enough power to live for months if need be.

===

If you have a widespread outage, fuel supply becomes an issue very
quickly. We were running on a small Honda generator for 10 days after
hurricane Charlie in 2004, sharing power with a neighbor. He and I
were taking turns driving 40 miles round trip every night to find gas
stations that could still pump fuel. A large underground propane tank
is probably the best bet for most homeowners.