Calif Bill

Default Man held on $1 million bond in boating crash that killed 3

"RG" wrote in message news:aqwcb.5121$Rd4.4335@fed1read07...

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
nk.net...
Yup. Panic. Bail does seem high, when you do not get that high of bail

for
Murder 1.

Certainly there was panic, Bill. Any of us would have felt panic. But

the
real underlying reason for his fleeing was simply an absolutely gigantic
flaw in his character. A better man would have tried to help survivors.

suspect the reason Insomniac had in mine was blood alcohol content. I

have
little doubt that probably factored into his decision to split, but we'll
never know, unless his passengers turn state's evidence against him. Even
then, without a BAC test as evidence, I'm not sure you can make that a
significant part of the case. Alcohol or not, he made the wrong moral
choice to flee, and he will pay dearly for that decision. He wrote his
epitaph by fleeing the scene of a fatal boating accident. He's not going

get a break from any judge, and hopefully not from any jury.

BTW, the accident occurred at night during an unsanctioned racing event,
according to my local newspaper. No PFD's on anyone aboard either vessel.

I know he meant alcohol. But there is a gigantic thought to run when poop
like this happens. In my youth, driving a Corvette at 5 mph down the
street, a 5 year old ran into the side of the car. 1.5" of skid mark.
There was a big thought to flee. Did not, but the thought was there.
Lucky, according to the insurance adjuster, that I was not speeding. The
250 witnesses, except for one, said I was going very slow, including the
mother. The 1 decided I was going 90 and the tires were smoking, because I
was in a Vette. He may not have had insurance on the boat he was driving,
or did not cover him in his actions.
Bill