Mr. Luddite Mr. Luddite is offline

Default In Virginia, so ....

On 12/14/2014 8:31 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 20:16:50 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 12/14/2014 8:05 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 18:35:19 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 12/14/2014 6:25 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 18:13:51 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

... maybe I'll go buy a gun or something. :-)

===

Sure, just don't bring it back through New York. Otherwise the Grey
Bar Hotel awaits you. Free country? Not so much.

On my way to SC to scope things out a little ... and maybe buy a boat.
Been a while since I drove the infamous I-95. I was concerned about the
George Washington bridge and almost went the long way around. Decided
to try the GWB at the last minute. No problem at all. Breezed right
through. Surprised the hell out of me.

===

I drove the GWB twice a day for many years. Weekends are generally
OK except for Sunday nights coming back into the city. If you hear on
the radio that the GWB is backed up, the Tappan Zee Bridge is
generally a good alternate. You have to be familiar with the local
roads however.

In my opinion SC is too cold in the winter. They do have a lot of
nice waterfront property along the ICW but November through
March/April is decidedly on the chilly side. Inland is worse although
much better than MA.

We tried Florida (Jupiter) for three winters. Never spent a summer
there though. I loved it. Mrs.E. not so much.

There's a reason for her interest in SC. My oldest son and family moved
there almost 3 years ago and they have the most grand-kids (4),
including 3 year old twins. They are in Mt. Pleasant which is very near
the Isle of Palms marina. I stopped there years ago on the Navigator
and liked the area.

We'll see. It's one of the reasons I am making this trip.
(The main reason is I am bored and need something to do.)

===

Nice area for boating and Charleston has its attractions of course.

Our center of gravity has also shifted a bit with the birth of our
first grand daughter last january.

Yup. You spend your working career raising your own and then they go
out, get married, and it starts all over again.

We have a total of 7 grand-kids (so far). The Italian Mrs.E. thinks
they are all hers.