Dave Van

Default Kayaks: Impex Currituck & NDK Romany

in article , Brian
Nystrom at wrote on 5/26/04 6:13 AM:

Impex boats are well built and have an good reputation. They did have
problems with leaky hatches when they were using fibglass covers, but
that's been dealt with by switching to rubber hatches. Their boats are
pretty lightly constructed and have thin gelcoat, but I haven't seen any
problems with durability with their vacuum bagged layups. The only
problem I've seen more than once on them is cracked cheek plates on the
seats, but that's on boats that are a few years old. This may have been
addressed, but I don't know for certain. They have a solid reputation
for customer service, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Hi Brian,

Good supportive statements about Impex. Every day I get a little closer to
taking the steps to buy an Impex kayak and this kind of statement from a
person I respect helps a lot.

Currituck or Assateague, that is the question that only test paddles can
answer. Too bad the nearest Impex dealer is 250 miles away!

Cheers!

DV