Steve Cramer

Default Kayaks: Impex Currituck & NDK Romany

Eric wrote:

Brian Nystrom wrote:

Do you find you need a skeg or rudder?

They both come with skegs.

Are you sure?

While I'm sure that one could have a skeg installed on the Romany, the
description of the Romany at:
http://www.nigeldenniskayaks.com/Pag...ups/romany.htm
does not mention a skeg and I don't recall seeing one on the boat I
paddled.

Did you look at the hull?

There are four pictures of Romanys on the NDK site. You gave us a link
to the only one that does not clearly show an extended skeg. If you look
at the stern deck you can see the lines for it.

If you'd explored the site at all you would have found the order form
http://www.nigeldenniskayaks.com/Pag..._orderform.pdf and seen
that you have to check a box to NOT get a skeg.

I've never seen a Romany that DIDN'T have a skeg.

--
Steve Cramer
Athens, GA