Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Poor Skippy - MIA

On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 12:30:03 -0500, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote:

On Sat, 06 Dec 2014 23:49:24 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:
On Sat, 06 Dec 2014 07:02:08 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

Isn't it pitiful how those who are too timid to cruise malign those
who enjoy traveling.

I've certainly seen some evidence of that.

I wouldn't be so sure. What *evidence* you have probably
seen is more likely to be disgust at your mode of travel.

Instead of being a responsible cruiser, you pollute the
air with your motors. You cause others to view you as one
rude and uncaring person when you anchor upwind of them
and they end up having to breathe diesel fumes when one
of the main reasons they are anchored out in the first
place is they want to breathe fresh air.

Loose the stinkpot and you will find you will be way more
welcome in anchorages.

===

I've done many thousands of miles of blue water sailing. It was fun,
challenging and always an adventure. Those days are over however,
never to return unless diesel goes to $20/gallon or something
outrageous like that.

BTW, we've never felt unwelcome in an anchorage and still have many
sailing friends. In the end cruisers are cruisers. We all have
stories to tell and adventures to share. The interesting people that
you meet along the way and the new friends you make are really some of
the best parts of cruising.