Poco Loco Poco Loco is offline

Default Garner Video

On Sat, 06 Dec 2014 13:25:34 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 12/6/2014 1:11 PM, Let it snowe wrote:
On 12/6/2014 1:06 PM, F*O*A*D wrote:
"Mr. Luddite" wrote:
On 12/6/2014 11:16 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 06 Dec 2014 09:08:59 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

All misdemeanors. Driving without a license. Possession of a small
amount of pot.

A very dangerous threat to his community.

The New York policy of cracking down on misdemeanors has been very
effective in preventing felonies. That is easily demonstrated in the
last decade's crime statistics.

As for the arrest, if a cop stops you for any minor offence, say a
seat belt violation and you refuse to sign the ticket, you are going
off in cuffs ... or getting shot. (like the guy everyone seems to be
ignoring)

I am the first to say the cops can be out of line but we seem to be
hung up on the wrong ones.

I don't know what was more effective in New York, chasing after the
little crimes (Broken Window) or the stop and frisk policy. If I had to
guess I would think the latter.

I wonder if the ultra violence cops commit against unarmed civilians has
any impact on violence in our society generally. As in, have a
disagreement? Shoot 'em.

It doesn't appear that you comprehend what went down.

I hear what Harry is saying. The police use the same tactics on petty
criminals (like someone selling loose cigarettes on the street) as they
do going after a serial killer holding a hostage. The training to
apprehend and control is the same.

'Ultra violence'?

Garner was not fighting back or shooting at anyone. His "resistance"
most mostly verbal, expressing frustration because the police had
obviously stopped him before. There really was no need for the
situation to escalate physically as quickly as it did. A little more
talking in a calm manner with some training in how to defuse a situation
without having to beat the crap out of someone might be a better approach.

He wasn't beaten. He was taken down. How much talking did you witness?
How much occurred before the video started?
--

"When your argument has backed a liberal into a corner,
expect to be called a racist."