Te Canaille

Default Royalex

"riverman" wrote in message ...

"Alan" wrote in message
om...

Tell us more about the damage. There are four levels of repair, so we need
to know how badly you crashed.

1) for folds, much deleted

Hey Riverman, sure seems like you've had some experience with this. I have a related question. My Royalite Canoe which is a 13'
footer has begun oil canning. It's got a flat bottom, hard chines, and a bit of tumblehome. I figured the oil canning could be
stopped if I can make a shallow arch or V-bottom configuration in cross-section. So here's what I thought to do, first mount a
section of plywood lengthwise on a strongback, then invert and center the canoe over the plywood so that it is resting on the
interior deck along the length of the hull. Then put several straps over the canoe and stake to the ground with enough force to
cause a curvature in cross-section. Then apply some heat ( don't think a hair dyer would do ) to make the hull assume the desire
curvature. I'm a bit woried about how symmetrical the result will be but if I monitor the shape and adjust straps as I go it should
not get too warped. I'd like to hear some thoughts about this.
Actually, I figure to curve the plywood just a bit for a slight amount of rocker.

Te Canaille