bb

Default Fiberglass vs plastic

I'm still looking to purchase my first kayak. I'm kinda partial to
the CD Scirocco. I'll no doubt not have enough experience before I
make a purchase to reasonalby tell the difference between a fiberglass
craft and a plastic one as far as performance goes. To me, the price
difference is not that geat. I kinda like the weight difference for
better at taking the abuse of rocks and oyster bars. So, I'd like to
pose a couple of questions to those more experience kayakers:

Just how much difference is there in performance between plastic and
fiberglass? How fragile are the fiberglass kayaks to abrasion that
I'm likely to encounter kayaking in Florida estuaries?

Thanks for any opinions.

bb