amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Happiness is...

On 11/18/2014 9:13 PM, KC wrote:
On 11/18/2014 9:14 PM, True North wrote:
John H.
"...taking a Valium prior to going to the dentist for a root canal"

Say what?
What do you need a Valium for? I've had a couple of root canals and it
was only marginally worse than a good sized filling.

Wow, what a man!

Well after that I hate to tell my story, but, I will anyway.
About 15 years ago, I had a filling and the numb feeling in my jaw
just seemed to last way to long. The next time I needed a filing I told
the dentist to skip the Novocain ( I've been told that's not what they
use now). He went a head and I went home with no numbness. During one
procedure as the dentist was finishing up he flinch and said "oh, I
forgot you weren't numbed, I told him, I want you forget, I want you to
do what needs to be done.
My dentist recently retired and I instructed the new dentist about
not using Novocain, during the procedure he was trying wedge a spacer
between two teeth, the hygienist told him don't forget he's not numbed,
I couldn't talk by a wagged my finger at her.
I suspect f I needed a root canal I'd opt for a pain reliever.

Regarding happiness is..., or as I would call it temporary contentment,
last time I was in for an MRI, for a herniated disc, I took a pain pill
(Hydrocodone) and 4 oz of Coffee Kaluha. It was no problem setting
perfectly still for 40 minutes with the sound of the MRI machine droning
away. Tech said we got really good pictures.
Miiek

---