Les Groby

Default Hatch repair idea

No, I haven't contacted VCP, but I suspect they would direct me to a
repair shop where they can reglue it with the original adhesive. Since
this is an old boat nearing the end of its useful life, I really don't
want to go to the expense of a road trip and a professional repair. The
area where the flange overlaps the deck is quite narrow, so I don't
think I want to drill big enough holes for well nuts, but smaller bolts
and nuts might be a better idea than rivets=97like you say, it might
have to be sealed again.

Matt=A0Langenfeld wrote:
Sounds like it might work. Kinda like changing a waterpump on a car.
Make sure you use stainless rivets. You might have to replace the
seal/gasket again though. Maybe use well nuts instead?
Have you contacted VCP and asked what they recommend short of buying a
new yak?