Harrold Harrold is offline

Default Well, well, well...Bill Cosby...

On 11/14/2014 11:09 AM, F*O*A*D wrote:
...a "fav" of the right-wing trash here turns out to be trash himself:

The woman Bill Cosby raped...

Earlier this week, when Bill Cosby’s publicists put out a call for fans
to “meme” the comedian, the Internet responded by highlighting what the
Internet has been talking about recently: allegations that Cosby drugged
and raped more than a dozen women over several years, which he has
consistently denied. Despite the charges being out in the open for at
least a decade, the claims went viral recently after comedian Hannibal
Buress called Cosby a rapist during a stand-up set last month. Now, one
of the women who accused Cosby of raping her is wondering what took so
long.

Writing for the Washington Post, actress Barbara Bowman asks why it took
one man’s jokes to draw widespread attention to Cosby’s abuse, despite
the fact that she and other women have publicly discussed their assaults
for at least 10 years. Bowman lists the various interviews she has given
since she first agreed to testify in a lawsuit against Cosby in 2004,
then raises a plain question:

Why wasn’t I believed? Why didn’t I get the same reaction of shock
and revulsion when I originally reported it? Why was I, a victim of
sexual assault, further wronged by victim blaming when I came forward?
The women victimized by Bill Cosby have been talking about his crimes
for more than a decade. Why didn’t our stories go viral?

Bowman also points out that Cosby’s ability to deflect rape allegations
for so long — and to commit the alleged assaults — depended heavily not
only on the public’s inattention, but on the “network of willfully blind
wallflowers” that condoned his abuse:

[When] I was a teenager, his assistants transported me to hotels
and events to meet him. When I blacked out at Cosby’s home, there were
several staffers with us. My agent, who introduced me to Cosby, had me
take a pregnancy test when I returned from my last trip with him. Talent
agents, hotel staff, personal assistants and others who knowingly made
arrangements for Cosby’s criminal acts or overlooked them should be held
equally accountable.

Because of the statute of limitations on rape cases, Bowman says Cosby
will likely never suffer legal consequences for raping her. And while
she and other survivors are working to change the legal system so it
will no longer “silence [victims] a second time,” it is also up to the
public to ensure that men such as Cosby do not walk away without any
consequences. We do not have to continue to turn a blind eye.

http://tinyurl.com/ky597xg

I take it you think he's guilty?