posted to rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats
[email protected] Horvath1758@net.net is offline

Default Whole lotta shakin' goin' on revisited, part 6

On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 11:43:41 -0500, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote this crap:

FIRST, IT'S A SAILBOAT!!!

That simple thought should always be kept in mind, especially when
considering systems and upgrades. "Is any of the *fluff* really
necessary and will it really allow me to sail more and/or safer?

Are you insane? Perks are perks. A coffeemaker is fine, especially
when she is blonde and blue eyed.

Never even drill a hole anywhere in a boat without first asking
yourself, "Do I really need whatever it is I want to drill holes
to mount?" Probably not. And, if there's any doubt, use hook
and loop fasteners instead. Don't mar the vessel.

Screw you. I add on all the stuff I want. And when you can't add on
more, you need to buy a bigger boat.

Outboard motors are way less trouble than inboards. Way cheaper,
too. You are more likely to sail than to motor than with an
inboard.

I think you have that backwards. Inboard diesels are more practical,
economical, and more reliable than an outboard. With a folding prop
they are more efficient than an outboard, unless you pull the motor.

Hank-on sails are basic, trouble-free and economical. They actually
provide better lift than a roll-up.

That's total bull****. Try changing a sail under harsh conditions
with hanks. A roll up is better and a foil is the most efficient.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe