Mr. Luddite Mr. Luddite is offline

Default The gun thread

On 11/3/2014 8:12 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 03 Nov 2014 18:18:15 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

I agree 100 percent Scott. Background checks and the registration of a
transfer or sale in no way infringes on anyone's rights.

I ask you the same thing I asked BAO

Do you feel the same about voting?

There is nothing in the constitution that says you don't have to be
investigated, finger printed and need to have an ID card to vote ...
as long as any non-felon citizen over 18 can do it.
As you and BAO point out, you may need to jump through some hoops to
exercise your rights.
When you think of it, we are talking about the same subset of the
population. I have voted with my CCW license. (it is the top card in
my wallet)

The individual states determine eligibility to vote. Most, if not all,
require some form of proof of age and citizenship. If you don't have an
acceptable ID, you can get a voter ID for free in most states after
providing various forms or methods as of proof of citizenship.

Ever notice that you have to *register* to vote? The "R" word. LOL