Mr. Luddite Mr. Luddite is offline

Default Yo Tim! Good deal...

On 10/31/2014 9:21 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 16:06:21 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/31/2014 3:56 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:20:15 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Yes, I know, criminals will still have access to guns and people who
pass background checks can still go off their rocker. But at least it
creates a traceable paper trail of ownership.

And those people won't still be dead?

add "and potential liability" to my last sentence.

What liability? These "nutty" guys usually shoot themselves when it is
all over and the criminals end up in jail for the rest of their life.
Not much to sue for there..

I guess it depends on where you live. Here, if you made that firearm
easily available by neglect, you can be found partially liable. The
laws I mentioned before covering locks and safes apply.

Yes, I know locks can be removed. Safes can be broken into. That's not
the point. The point is that if you took reasonable action in
accordance with the scope of the law, to secure your firearms, you won't
be liable. If you leave it out, unlocked and someone steals it, you may
find yourself in court.